Micro-Credential: Fundraising Principles for
Student Organizations & Events
This micro-credential covered general fundraising information, best practices, and inside information on how to fundraise at Earlham. In this course, participants gained skills to become successful in fundraising at Earlham College and beyond. They also grew their knowledge about fundraising and philanthropy through various assignments and discussion topics.
- Understand fundraising best practices inside and outside of Earlham.
- Navigate the process of fundraising for student organizations at Earlham.
- Develop skills that will better prepare you for fundraising post-graduation.
Before watching the recordiings, check out what our attendees had to say!
Session Recordings & Discussion Topics
Day 1: Sunday, September 13th
- Best practices
- Fundraising vs. philanthropy
- General fundraising information
- Assignment Due: Share what you know about fundraising
- Question for Discussion: Examples of fundraising best or worst practices
Day 2: Tuesday, September 15th
- Fundraising at Earlham
- Working with Institutional Advancement
- Contacting alumni
- Question for Discussion: What are you most excited to do in fundraising at Earlham?
Day 3: Thursday, September 17th
- Fundraising education
- Careers in fundraising
- Answer case-speciic questtions
- Assignment Due: Share 3-4 ideas that would improve fundraising at an organization.